Some say that image is everything. While that may be a bit of an overstatement, there is no denying the importance of appearance in modern life. Today, many people view a winning smile as more than a nice touch; it is often considered a necessity.
Just ask yourself how often you see missing, stained, crooked, or damaged teeth in a photo of a celebrity, powerful executive, or even an “employee of the month.” Ambitious professionals are expected to go the extra mile, project an appropriate image, and exude confidence.
- A study conducted by social psychologist Anne Beall revealed that individuals with attractive smiles are judged as being more intelligent, wealthier, and more successful in their careers.
- An independent study conducted in 2004 on behalf of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry determined that approximately three-quarters of American adults believe an unattractive smile can be professionally detrimental.
- A Fairleigh Dickinson University study concluded that individuals displaying a professional, attractive appearance garner a starting wage of eight to twenty percent higher.
You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression
Psychologists say that we take no longer than 30 seconds to form an impression after meeting a stranger. You may be judged on your social status, personality, education, success, and sense of humor before you even have a chance to say one word. Because a smile is one of the first features that people notice, it can have a dramatic effect on those judgments.
We can help
Perhaps the most important person you can impress with your smile is yourself. When you look in the mirror, and like what you see, you can face the world with an air of confidence that is invaluable. At Columbia Pike Family Dentistry, we offer a wide variety of options to meet your individual needs, because we understand that your smile is as unique as you are. Some of the most popular cosmetic procedures include:
- Porcelain veneers – Cover virtually any cosmetic flaw
- Teeth whitening – Improve your smile in about an hour
- Tooth bonding – Quick fix for minor blemishes
- Cosmetic restorations – Beautifully natural looking crowns, bridges, fillings, and implant-supported restorations
Call us at 571-312-4111 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Sanjeev K. Goel or Dr. Malika Kohli of Columbia Pike Family Dentistry in Arlington, VA.