Your Emergency Dentist In Arlington VA For A Toothache
No matter how conscientiously you care for your teeth, a dental problem can happen. Just like any other emergency, dental problems don’t always happen at a convenient time. It’s important to know what constitutes a dental emergency, know what to do when one occurs, and have a dentist who is there when emergency care is needed.
Most dental emergencies fall into one of two categories
Either you fall and break a tooth or knock it out; or you have sudden, unexpected swelling of the mouth, face, or neck. Both conditions can be quite painful. You need help NOW! Columbia Pike Family Dentistry in Arlington VA understands that, so please don’t hesitate to call. We arrange our daily appointment schedule to accommodate patient emergencies during regular hours. Simply put – when you need us, we will fit you in! If that injury, sudden swelling, or pain occurs after hours, just call the office. Our answering service will get you to the help you need, quickly – 24/7.
“I was in Arlington several weeks back for a wedding, a few days before I had a minor accident that caused me to chip my tooth. My dentist recommended Dr. Kohli and to my surprise she was able to get me in right away. I highly recommend Dr. Kohli and Columbia Pike Dentistry- they literally kept me smiling!”
– Jamie O.
What can you do meanwhile?
- If part of a tooth has broken off or a whole tooth is knocked out, please keep it in a cup of milk and bring it along to your emergency visit. Milk has a similar pH to the mouth and thus helps to preserve the tissue, improving our chance of saving it.
- Place an ice pack wrapped in a soft cloth on the injury site (keep it on for no more than ten minutes at a time).
- If you wake up with or have sudden facial swelling, please do NOT apply ice or heat until the doctor has had a chance to determine the cause.
- In either situation, you may take over-the-counter pain medication right away for relief.
- Usually a damaged or loosened restoration (filling, bond, crown, bridge, or veneer) does not require emergency care unless it is causing pain. You may put dental wax or sugar-free gum over jagged edges of the tooth to protect your soft tissues until the dentist can see you.
- In the case of a serious accident or injury, please go directly to the emergency room.
We work with every patient to try to prevent dental distress, even if it’s a simple toothache. But, when an emergency occurs, you can count on Columbia Pike Family Dentistry. Call us now and get relief if you are in the Rosslyn – Arlington VA area!