Image is important in today’s society, particularly for successful professionals. When you have an important meeting, or a social engagement, you probably take great care to appear well groomed and well dressed. However, even a picture perfect image can be ruined by crooked, stained, damaged, or missing teeth. The doctors at Columbia Pike Family Dentistry are proud to offer a variety of cosmetic services to help you achieve your best smile.
What can cosmetic dentistry accomplish?
Virtually anything that you dislike about your smile can be changed.
- Color: Teeth whitening is a fast and simple solution for most patients. Naturally dark, or permanently stained, teeth can be covered with bonding or veneers.
- Size: Small or large teeth can be built up or reduced to ideal proportions. In some cases, an uneven gumline will make teeth appear to be varying sizes. A gentle procedure called gum contouring can sculpt the gumline, creating a beautiful frame for your dazzling smile.
- Shape: Porcelain veneers and dental bonding are the most popular ways of reshaping a tooth. Subtle aspects of shape, such as rounded or squared corners, can make a dramatic difference in the personality that your smile conveys.
- Proportions: Ideally, front teeth should be slightly larger, with the size gradually decreasing for each tooth in the visible area. To achieve the most natural-looking result, the doctors also consider the proportions of your teeth in relation to other facial features.
- Angle: Crooked teeth present a number of cosmetic and oral health problems. Additionally, the angle of your teeth affects your facial contours, as teeth provide support for the lips and cheeks. Minor to moderate adjustments can usually be made with dental crowns or veneers.
- Symmetry: The human brain perceives symmetrical as beautiful. One-half of your smile should be a mirror of the other half. Correcting discrepancies can improve your entire smile.
Dr. Sanjeev K. Goel and Dr. Malika Kohli employ the artistic and scientific principles of smile design. However, the most important factor that they consider is you. Cosmetic dentistry is very personal. We each have our own cosmetic goals and a unique vision of beauty. Whether you are seeking subtle improvements, or a dramatic change, your treatment will be tailored to meet your needs. Call us at 571-312-4111 and schedule a consultation today.